Robert & Shauna Valentine Family

Robert Young Valentine and Shauna Burgon Valentine met at BYU, fell in love and were married in 1967. They have lived in Provo, Utah; Durham and Laurinburg, North Carolina; and, for nearly three decades in Lincoln, Nebraska. Bob and Shauna moved back to Utah in 2004 into a new home in Highland. They have five grown children, Christopher, Lisa, Gina, James and Amanda and a lot of grandchildren. Enjoy news and photos of our growing family. Send comments, too. Stay in touch!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Jonathan James is a real skier!



The rest of us ski a little bit, and Grampa Valentine is trying to graduate from the beginner's hill at Brighton resort. Meanwhile, take a look at recent pictures of Gina's husband Jonathan in deep powder up Days Fork in Big Cottonwood Canyon taken by Jon's buddy Joe Sepulveda. Yes, Jonathan has emergency equipment with him in the back country in case of an avalanche! Gina and Jonathan's daughter are great skiers, too, but Gina will have to wait until next winter (and the birth of their baby boy in July) to hit the trails again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I'm at a low point, I can depend on your blogs to make me feel more alive. Thanks you so much for everything you share.

April 1, 2008 at 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to give you a link to one of the photos I took of James at the Apple Concert show in NYC on 2/24/08. I caught up with him after the sound check and gave him a box of about 20 or so 8x10 photos I shot at Madison Sq. Garden in October and The Bowery Ballroom (also NYC) back in June. I had to laugh because when I handed the box to him, he aksed "Oh is this for me?" And when I said yes he, was so excited. I'm guessing that his reaction meant that he's often given gifts to give to someone else (usually Adam). I hope he liked them, they're some of my favorite.

Sorry to drag on. Here's the link, feel free to print it, post it or whatever, just please don't publish this particular comment.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r233/RJG-Photos/Apple%20Retagged/James5c.jpg

April 2, 2008 at 9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home