Robert & Shauna Valentine Family

Robert Young Valentine and Shauna Burgon Valentine met at BYU, fell in love and were married in 1967. They have lived in Provo, Utah; Durham and Laurinburg, North Carolina; and, for nearly three decades in Lincoln, Nebraska. Bob and Shauna moved back to Utah in 2004 into a new home in Highland. They have five grown children, Christopher, Lisa, Gina, James and Amanda and a lot of grandchildren. Enjoy news and photos of our growing family. Send comments, too. Stay in touch!

Thursday, December 27, 2012

My Favorite Christmas Present!

James gave me a rhinoceros bust for Christmas, which is now mounted on the wall above my desk. I collect rhinoceri because they have thick skin and always move forward! My real estate broker in Nebraska years ago gave me the idea to collect them because the business is tough and you can never give up on your clients or a real estate transaction.
Notice in the background an original rubber "Stanford Indian" toy which I acquired as a six-year old in 1948 when my Dad was working on his Ph.D at Stanford University. What you cannot see is the scalp in one hand and a hatchet in the other hand. Stanford later changed the mascot to the color "Cardinal." Please! No offense to my "native American" friends. It is a vestige of my childhood at Stanford Elementary School before we moved to Argentina in 1952.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home