Robert & Shauna Valentine Family

Robert Young Valentine and Shauna Burgon Valentine met at BYU, fell in love and were married in 1967. They have lived in Provo, Utah; Durham and Laurinburg, North Carolina; and, for nearly three decades in Lincoln, Nebraska. Bob and Shauna moved back to Utah in 2004 into a new home in Highland. They have five grown children, Christopher, Lisa, Gina, James and Amanda and a lot of grandchildren. Enjoy news and photos of our growing family. Send comments, too. Stay in touch!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Happy Family Home Evening to all Valentines and friends of Valentines!

Consider Charity and Love: The Savior's invitation is clear and direct: "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden."

"Take my yoke upon you . . . for . . . my burden is light." (Matthew 11:28-30).

The Lord has spoken His peace to us. If you haven't felt that love for a while, seek to recognize it and feel it as you go about the tasks of life.

The memories of previous interactions with the Lord will become sweet gifts to bolster you when life is difficult.

"'Peace I give unto you," the Lord promises, "not as the world giveth, give I unto you" (John 14:27).

When we long for peace and strength, we only need to turn toward His outstretched arms.

How are you doing? Same scale as last week: 1=never 2=sometimes 3=often 4=almost always and 5=always

1. I feel a sincere desire for the eternal welfare and happiness of other people (Mosiah 28:3)

2. When I pray, I ask for charity--the pure love of Christ. (Moroni 7:47-48)

3. I try to understand others' feelings and see their point of view. (Jude 1:22)

4. I forgive others who have offended or wronged me. (Ephesians 4:32)

5. I try to help others when they are struggling or discouraged. (Mosiah 18:9)

6. When appropriate, I tell others that I love them and care about them. (Luke 7:12-15)

7. I look for opportunities to serve other people. (Mosiah 2:17)

8. I say positive things about others. (D&C 42:27)

9. I am kind and patient with others, even when they're hard to get along with. (Moroni 7:45)

10. I find joy in others' achievements. (Alma 17:2-4)

Love and kisses to all, Mom and Dad, Robert and Shauna Valentine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home